Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions

For the new year everyone tries to put their best foot forward and do something good for themselves. We have all done it, made that long list of resolutions that will never, ever, come to pass. I say this simply because we do not set realistic goals as we write out these stupid lists!
We jot down things that we would love to do but have been wanting to do it for years and never gotten around to it for some reason or another and guess what people????? You still aren't going to get around to it!!!!!!!!!!!
 Think about it. If you want to lose fifty pounds this year, then quarter it out. "I am going to lose sixteen pounds every three months this year!"
Do not say, "I am going to lose fifty pounds by March or even June. Give yourself a wide berth (no pun intended).

My point is that we try and try and fail, fail, fail. Its not because we are lazy, arrogant people. Okay well not all of it anyway. Its because we don't care if we let ourselves down. Separate yourself.  Look at yourself and say "I am worth doing this for! I can ____ because I want to, for myself and I will be all the better for it!"

I don't care if all your resolution says is that you want to read five books a month. If you can't finish a novel in a week, you are not going to read five books a month, and you certainly are not going obtain your goal! Don't set goals that you don't need to fulfill at all.  Be practical and you will succeed which is why you need to think before writing things down.
Every one of us can do things we never thought possible. It happens everyday.
All you have to do is want it bad enough. When you accomplish one goal, you will have more of a drive to accomplish more. If you hit a snag or set back, don't let it get you down. PERSEVERE!!
Keep it real and simple! And don't forget to keep your list visible all year long. At your desk, on the fridge, everywhere!

Now I feel like I have to share with you the goals I have made for myself for the coming year.
1) Quit smoking again! (already working on it, slowly)
2) Do more fun things with my son on a daily basis
3) Acquire some form of work or hobby that keeps me busy.
4) Keep up with the house work (this one will give me problems)
5) Finish and send off books one and two of my series for publishing
6) Lose 3-5lbs every month until lose 25-30lbs

Simple and exactly what I need to do, want to do, and can do!

Happy New Year Everyone! May bright blessings shine on you!


No comments:

Post a Comment