Friday, June 26, 2015

Advice from the Guru of Emotions


I have been told several times that I should be a counselor or therapist of the mental persuasion. I do tend to help people with their problems and usually, even if they do not listen to my advice, I provide them a little hope. Most people do not want advice however and being a counselor or therapist would not be a good idea for advice anyway.

I am very good at being straight forward and not beating a round the bush when it comes to helping out a person in need of emotional advice. I have found though that what people need to hear, and what they want to hear, are never the same thing. But I don't tip toe around. If you need the obvious pointed out then I'm the one to talk to. I have tried the nice way of doing things and it just doesn't do the job. Most of the time, even with being bluntly told that the decision a person is about to make is wrong, they make it anyway and come back later with the classic "you were right".

I'm not being pigheaded when I say, I know. I have never crossed and incident where I have been wrong, at least not in the long term scheme of things. I was blessed with the gift of being very empathetic and intuitive. Its just a fact and I am not being boisterous. But once again no one ever listens so I am left with the dilemma of even trying at all. But yes, I have to try because if you give me your problems then it is obvious you are seeking help, advice or aid in some way.

People may look at my life and wonder, how does she know anything her life is a mess!

Well my lovelies, there is a reason for that. My life is a mess for the same reason your life is a mess. I want to believe. I want to have faith. I want to hope and dream that it will work out. Because I have a heart too. I hope someone will change. I dream of being happy. I pray that things will be better. Its our hearts that hurt us so much. Its our love for people, things, places. Its our dreams that kill us.

Its really hard to follow your own advice.

Most of the time I just tell people what they already know. Its not that hard to know that if Sally Sue was running around on you and has called it quits, then if you patch things up it will never be the same. Or if your grandfather left you this and that and so and so took them, then they harbored ill feelings in your relationship with your departed.

The sad part of it all is life is not cut and dry and everyone is different. What helps one person heal and grow as a human being will not work for another. Everyone needs help. Everyone needs a shoulder. Everyone needs a friend. Even just one. Even me. Don't get hard on yourself for falling for the tricks of the heart, whatever they may be. Learn from it and learn to think with your head next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment